We continued on our merry way around 1pm and had a pretty big dry spell for about 2 hours. Still really gorgeous though and a lot of rhino and some giraffe. As we started making our way back towards the south end of the park, we got word that there were lions sunning themselves near the river. We were able to see 5 of them through the binoculars but were not able to get close enough for any pictures. As we continued our way back we came across two elephants crossing the river about 120 yards down. That was really cool to watch but still too far for good pictures.
We headed down the last stretch for home when all of a sudden we came up the hill to see two HUGE bull elephants crossing the road and about 30 elephants 200 yards ahead in the bush on the move. It was unreal. I couldn't get a good shot of the herd but we were able to spend a good amount of time next to the males. So cool. That meant that we officially saw 4 of the Big 5!! I'm counting the lions and you can't stop me.
I am running out of room again and don't want to write a part 4 :) I listed all of the animals already so throw in all the livestock that jump in front of our car and you have the animal count for today. Whale watching, hippos and crocs tomorrow!


No comments:
Post a Comment